Innovative Career Coaching and Courses
Dr. Melissa Knight, PHD, RN, MSN, CNE
CEO and Founder of La Fe Solutions, LLC
What being an Entrepreneur means to me
I love being a nurse entrepreneur because it allows me to continually practice agility and creativity. It also gives me an outlet from my primary academic responsibilities as an assistant professor of nursing. That said, there are times that require me to be fully innovative and creative in managing my time and commitments. Adapting to changes is a requirement for creative entrepreneurs and surely that for all of us who live busy lives. My passion for design has always helped me overcome any obstacles in my life. I have a passion for helping nurse professionals use design thinking tools to enhance their creative abilities while experiencing the richness thereof of joy and fulfillment of their leisure and work.
I have presented numerous lectures, seminars and workshops to nurses for professional development purposes and nursing students of various degree levels to improve academic outcomes. In addition to my business management and academic responsibilities, I have served as an expert consultant for nursing academic programs, nurse educators, nurse leaders and nurse entrepreneurs aligned with her extensive nursing expertise, nursing education research and business management background.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PHD), Nursing Education and Nursing Leadership, Walden University
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Nursing Education, Walden University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration(BS), Marketing and Management, University of South Carolina-Columbia
- Associate in Science-Nursing (ADN), Midland’s Technical College-Columbia
- RN-to-BSN Online and Hybrid Program Retention and Timely Graduation
- Innovations in Nursing Education and Nursing Practice
- Innovation and creative leadership
- Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design in Nursing
- Nursing student development of innovation and creativity skills
- Nursing student retention and graduation across degree levels
- Chronic disease management in rural populations
Activities and Honors
- National Nurses in Business Association
- National League of Nursing
- South Carolina Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- National Nurses Honors Society (Sigma Theta Tau)
Courses and Coaching!
I work with nurses and nursing students who want to enhance their soft-skills, innovation and creativity skills to advance their career or enhance their personal fulfillment. I will teach you how to use design thinking to problem solve and create new solutions for your life and workplace. I will help you grow your confidence in public speaking, writing, teamwork,leadership, innovation, creativity and much more!
I offer online and on-site courses and workshops firmly established on a solid curriculum and coaching principles. I have also extended my services to virtual and onsite tutoring and career coaching for nurses and nursing students.
I am actively involved in mentorship and engage within various community events. I present at various nursing events centered around professional development, innovation, career coaching and various nursing academic topics.